by Mary W Maxwell
- Thanks to our uncaring Parliament, rules about concentration of media ownership favor two publishers who thereby can influence the nation. They concocted a story about a lone gunman — when it was in fact a “special operation.”
- Thanks to uncaring citizens, the false story is still accepted even though many researchers have presented conclusive proof of its falseness. Shame on Australia.
- An intellectually handicapped person, who likes company, has been deprived of visitors, except his mother, for 19 years, and he is often in solitary confinement. Martin Bryant is not treated like a human being.
- About 99% of the academics in Oz couldn’t care less.
- The judicial system has no value. No matter how much the law says Bryant should have had a trial, he had none. No matter how much the law says there must be a coroner’s inquest into the deaths, there was none. Let me repeat: such a judicial system has no value to the public.
- A band of Insiders in government think they can get away with anything. They are wholly unaccountable. This can be measured by the fact that when we know they have committed a crime – e.g., tampering with evidence, no one can be bothered to indict them.
- The rest of the parliamentarians are apparently there for selfish reasons. God help us.
- Gun control was effectively achieved, nationally, within weeks of the massacre, thanks to John Howard. As the push for citizen-disarmament is rather uniform worldwide, it must be that Australia is doing the bidding of outsiders.
- For years, the media appears to have been preparing to incite the killing of Martin Bryant, who is now 48.
- Nevertheless, almost a thousand people have signed a petition to demand a coronial inquest!!!
Many others, too, may be out there champing at the bit to do something about our terrible situation. Go for it!
— Mary W Maxwell, PhD, LLB writes regularly for GumshoeNews.com. She is busy producing a show for the Adelaide Fringe.