By Dee McLachlan
I was at a dinner function the other night. In fact an old school reunion. One of the guests, living in Inner City Melbourne, has sold his car and uses Uber and public transport to get around. He delighted in telling how he looks forward to the day of driver-less cars that can be used “Uber-like” along with the wonders of the future tech age. We did discuss briefly what kind of jobs people might have to look forward to.
Yes, life in the future looks “wonderful.”
Dr Richard Day, back in 1969, gave us a glimpse of what the world would look like today (see article). Gradually and quietly most of his predictions came true.
Now a new set of plans is being made and, just as in 1969, we fail to notice what is taking place! It appears that a hidden hand of a group is clearly inventing a new caste system. Parts of a new way are being tried out in Sweden and US, and maybe North Korea for all I know. But definitely Australia figures as a favored experimental site.
So today I am going to make my own Dr Day-style predictions. “Everything Is In Place” – This is how The Lucky Country might look in 15 to 20 years time.
- The government will be openly operating as a subsidiary of Australia Inc. The Sydney Harbour Bridge and the Opera House will be the last of the governments assets sold off to pay the debt to the Central Banks.
- By 2035 most all Australia will be privatized and life be run on an efficient user-pay basis. All utilities, roads, parking, ports, travel, recreational areas, rivers, rainwater, housing, and agricultural land will have been privatised, and in the hands of a few multinational giants.
- The population will be divided into three classes. First class “global” citizens will operate outside the “corporation” rules. The 2nd class Australian citizens (members of the political departments and the security industries) will have certain exemptions not afforded to the majority of 3rd class citizens, who are strictly user-pay members of the corporation. Home ownership for most Australians will be inconceivable.
- The 4th tier of the population will be not visible as they will be institutionalized, e.g., prisoners, the mentally ill, dissidents.
- Driving licenses will be obsolete, and so will car ownership. All road transport will be via driver-less cars and trucks and distance traveled will be on a user-pay basis in the new remote Uber-style cars. As all country and suburban roads will be privatized, automated tolls will apply, to make up for the loss of revenue from fines. This will also means all roads and access to anywhere will be centrally controlled via the car, and 2nd class and 3rd class citizens will be prevented from entering “restricted” areas.
- Australia will be a cashless society by 2022. The single bankcard will have been replaced by “internal body smart-chips” by 2032. This will have a GPS and this will store all medical, genetic, and financial data.
- Each person will be in jobs that pay-as-you-work. E.g., the time at one’s computer device will be monitored and one will be paid accordingly (at the end of the calendar month). But all expenses, fines, and user-pay utilities will be immediately deducted from one’s “cloud account.”
- Once a person is deemed unable to pay user-pay debt, the chip will be terminated — deemed as past their “use-by-date.”
- Much of the 1st class citizenry will have moved towards transhuman technology, and will have had various procedures to enhance longevity and intelligence. Body and cosmetic surgery will flourish, with people transforming their bodies into enhanced genders and into new, yet unknown, genders.
- The sporting world will have been divided into two classes, and the present drug-free athletes (as we have today) will have been replaced with new designer athletes — genetically altered to enhance performance in a new entertaining Olympic Super Sports.
- The word “terrorism” will be outdated. The well-resourced security/police state will have control over everyone. Disruption MAY be caused by “radicals,” mostly intent on disrupting the stability of the government and the multinationals that are keeping the world safe and stable.
- If caught, these dissidents will be interned in underground bases and used for medical and scientific experimentation.
I drafted the above thoughts about a new user-pay caste system yesterday — and to my surprise this article in the Guardian appeared today:
“Adelaide to become Australia’s first smart city but could lose out on privacy.”
“The South Australian capital will become a laboratory for internet of things, with elevators that talk to each other, video recognition of masked criminals and more…
” ‘Adelaide is small enough to use as a laboratory but large enough to undertake ambitious initiatives,’ Prof Ali Babar says.
“Initiated eight months ago, key players in the project include the University of Adelaide, the South Australian Department of State Development, Adelaide City council and companies including Ernst and Young, Cisco, Microsoft, Oracle, Fuji and Xerox.
“On 3 March, Babar secured a memorandum of understanding with tech giants NEC Australia.”
Adelaide is the beta-test.
Australia is a perfect place for the giant multinationals to roll out their plans, as Australians are complacent about their life in the lucky country.
Excuse me, we don’t have to let this happen. Pay attention to this phantasmagorical, insulting, vision of the future and say, loudly “No, thank you.”