by Dee McLachlan
I was writing an article yesterday entitled “Trains, Planes and Automobiles” — What is Next?
It was going to reflect on the past “Shock and Awe” media campaigns that continually “terrorize” us.
Well, I woke up this morning to see the unfolding incident in London. A summary of what has been reported so far:
- Police declare Saturday night were “terrorist incidents’’.
- Incidents on London Bridge and at Borough Market.
- Multiple casualties — nine dead, and at least 20 people to six hospitals.
- A white van ploughed into pedestrians on London Bridge pavement at about 10.08 pm.
- Witnesses say 3 men climbed out and started stabbing people with large knives.
- Men ran down road — multiple stabbings in Borough Market.
- Pictures show a man on the ground in the market — with possible canisters strapped to his body.
- Police responded to the attacks with gunfire.
- Reports of controlled detonations.
- People kept in bars — in lock-down.
- Police looking for three assailants — then confirm that three suspect have been shot.
- The suicide looking vest on [dead?] assailant was fake.
- Assailants shot within 8 minutes of call out.
The mainstream media reporting revealed the chaos that unfolded.
These are some observations from watching MSM news this morning:
- Streets filled with police — both in yellow jackets and special ops.
- Large groups of police moving/marching briskly up and down the streets.
- The streets pulsating with the flashing lights from many emergency vehicles.
- People are frog marched from venues with the hands on their heads.
- People running aimlessly as police shout “get back, get back”.
- Videos of frightened people told to “get down, down” in a restaurant. Then shortly after “there are armed police outside, so there is nothing to worry about.”
- Confrontations and confusions as people are pushed back. In one altercation between police and Londoners, police are shouting “go home” — but it seems the police barrier is blocking those very people from getting to their homes.
- Witnesses report that police arrived and were aiming guns at them.
- People were in tears.
Interestingly Senator Sam Dastyari was at the market. He said this to the ABC:
“…having a quiet meal [in a restaurant in Borough]. We heard screaming. You could obviously tell there was an incident and someone starts running past, obviously covered in blood, kind of down the street,”
Senator Eric Abetz was interviewed on television. He says that we need to get to the root cause of this evil. Maybe he’s forgotten that we waged war on various countries resulting in the death of millions.
As Dr Day said back in his ‘Everything Is In Place And Nobody Can Stop Us Now’ lecture, in 1969:
“Terrorism would be used widely in Europe and in other parts of the world. At that time it was thought terrorism would not be necessary in the United States. It could become necessary in the United States if the United States did not move rapidly enough into accepting the system. Along with this came a bit of a scolding that Americans had had it too good anyway and just a little bit of terrorism would help convince Americans that the world is indeed a dangerous place, or can be if we don’t relinquish control to the proper authorities.” [9-11 convinced Americans to relinquish control.]
I look forward to the comments.